Proposed Bill to Help Grandparents Moves Forward

There’s movement on a bill which would assist grandparents concerning their grandchildren. The measure has been advanced by the State House Children and Youth Committee.

Bucks County State Rep. Kathy Watson is the Committee Chair

“It’ll allow the grandparent of a child or other family member related to the child to petition a Court of Common Pleas for temporary guardianship of that child.”

Watson adds, under the bill, grandparents or other family members would be able to go to court if the parents of a child or several children, is receiving drug rehabilitation or is incarcerated for a crime.