Created on Monday, 14 June 2010 16:36
Written by Jeff Nolan
Fire broke out early Monday at the Luxor Hookah Café on North Broad Street in Hatfield Township. The fire heavily damaged the main lounge where people smoke water-filtered tobacco in a large pipe. Hookah-smoking has long been popular in Asia and the Middle East, and it has caught on in North America over the last few years. The Hatfield Township Fire Marshal says it started in an upholstered couch, and the cause was careless disposal of smoking materials.