WNPV radio closes out the 2011-2012 high school football season with the annual Montgomery County All Star Football game. The 45th version, from Souderton High School, features the best senior football players from the area one more time. Upper Dublin's Brett Stover and Hatboro-Horsham's Gary Pagliaro will direct the South and North squads. It is the 23rd year that the Souderton-Telford Rotary will sponsor the game. It is also the final game directed by former WNPV sportscaster Jim Church. Church is stepping down after 23 seasons as the games Chairman. Radio coverage will begin with the pre-game at 6:45pm followed by the 7pm kickoff. Kyle Berger will handle the play-by-play while WNPV radio welcomes a new color analyst for the game, Pennridge head football coach Randy Cuthbert.
Pennsylvania Renaissance Faire
Storytime with Sir William - Each Faire Day
Discovery Garden - 12:30 PM
The Nippers of the Shire are invited to enjoy Storytime with Sir William! Listen to the telling of Elephant Joe, Brave Knight. Elephant Joe, brave knight, will...with his trusty sidekick, Zebra Pete, of course. But there's an unexpected twist in this tale. Is the damsel in distress who she seems to be? And what happens when Elephant Joe and Zebra Pete wake the dragon guarding the Dark Knight's tower? Sir William will visit the Abby Scriptorium after the Storytime, to meet the children and sign copies of the book.
UPDATE ON BUDWEISER CLYDESDALES: The Clydesdales will be in town this Saturday 9/5, from approximately 3pm - 5pm. The exact route they will be taking is listed below, and if you are interested in seeing them it is highly suggested to line the sidewalks of the parade route by 3:30pm, depending on what part of the route you choose.
Starting Point: N. Broad St. and E. Court St.
· Stop at Puck deliver case of Bud
· Make right turn onto Shewell Ave
· Stop by Lilly’s and Honey
· Make right turn onto Doyle St.
· Stop at Amber Inn – deliver case of Bud
· Make Left turn onto N. Broad St.
· Make right turn onto Atkinson
· Make right turn onto Veterans Lane
· Pass OOKA
· Stop at Farm House – deliver case of Bud
· Make right turn on N. Main St.
· Stop at MOMS deliver case of Bud
· Stop at Chambers deliver case of Bud
· Stop at Finney’s delver case of Bud
· Stop at Stephanies deliver case of Bud
· Make left turn on E. Oakland St.
· Stop and Bobby Simone’s and Meannachor Club deliver case of Bud
· Make right turn on Pine ST.
· Make right turn on E. Ashland St.
· Make left on S. Main St.
· Stop at Muggs deliver case of Bud
· Cut through Bank
· Make right on S. Clinton St.
· Stop at Station Tap House deliver case of Bud
· Make right on W. Oakland
· Make left on S. Main
· Make left on W. State St.
· Stop at Doyelstown Inn deliver case Bud
· Stop at Toyo
· Stop at Pag’s Pub / Paganini deliver case of Bud
· Stop at Penn Tap Room deliver case of Bud
· Stop at Knight House / 86 west deliver case of Bud
· Stop in front on Mesquito Grille deliver case of Bud
· Make right on W. Court St.
· Stop at Villa Capri deliver case of Bud
· Make left on N. Main St.
· Make right on N. Broad St.
· Make right on E. Court St.
· Load up and leave
· Trucks will make a left on N. Main St. to leave town
Weik-Kiki Reef likes this
WNPV AM 1440 For 4 tickets to Bushkill Falls, match WNPV's answer to NAME A STATE YOU WOULDN'T WANT TO VISIT.
WNPV AM 1440 For 4 tickets to the Grand Theater in East Greenville (where "Mission Impossible: Rogue Nation" opens tonight), match WNPV's answer to NAME A BOOK YOU HAD TO READ IN HIGH SCHOOL.
3 people likes this
WNPV AM 1440 Well, you all seem to know about Pennsylvania's State Parks but how about the national ones? For 4 tickets to Bushkill Falls, match WNPV's answer to NAME ONE OF OUR U.S. NATIONAL PARKS.
3 people likes this
Amanda Follin Would love some Ren Faire tickets! This weekend is Heroes of the Realm. My dad is a volunteer firefighter. Would LOVE to take him!!!!