- Lansdale’s Christmas Tree Lighting Postponed
- Trial Ordered For Two Brothers Accused of Home Invasion
- New Chairman for Montco GOP
- Judge Denies Request For Gun Seller in Officer Fox Case
- Towamencin Twp. Receives Grant Money For Fischer’s Park
- Consumer Advocate: Safer To Use Credit Card Instead of Debit When Shopping
Listen to these shows on demand right now
Tabora Farm Opening Lansdale Store
Tabora Farm and Orchard of Chalfont is opening a new store in Lansdale. Owner-Operator Caleb Torrice says he has had a stand at the farmers’ market since it opened more than two years ago, and the borough has grown on him.
“We started with the Lansdale Farmers’ Market, and Lansdale has been very kind to us, so after maybe about a thousand people said we needed to open a shop here, we finally listened to them.”
He says they will have the fruits, vegetables and baked goods they sell at the farmers’ market, plus a few other things made possible by the amenities of a permanent location.
“Now we’ll have refrigeration, so we can bring the cupcakes and the fruit tarts. We can bring all the refrigerated items that we wouldn’t want to bring out in the heat at a farmers’ market.”
Torrice says he cannot reveal the exact location, but it’s on Main Street near the center of the Lansdale business district. He plans to open next spring.