- Church Treasurer Accused of Stealing Church Funds
- Upper Gwynedd Twp. Police Create Special Needs Registry
- Human Trafficking and Servitude Bill Pass in State Senate
- Trial Ordered For Two Brothers Accused of Home Invasion
- New Chairman for Montco GOP
- Judge Denies Request For Gun Seller in Officer Fox Case
Listen to these shows on demand right now
Farmers’ Market Opening Soon
The Lansdale Farmers’ Market starts its fourth season Saturday, May 19, along Railroad Avenue. Farmers’ Market Committee member Molly Whetstone says part of the appeal is doing business directly with the people who grow or make the food that goes on the table.
“The best thing about a farmers’ market is the connection that the customer and the vendor make. When you buy guacamole or anything at the supermarket you don’t make that connection. You don’t see the person who’s responsible for the product making it right before your very eyes. You get to ask them questions about the process, where the ingredients come from and really interact with the producer.”
Whetstone says they have more than 25 vendors this year, including six new ones, and the hours are 9:00am until 1:00pm.