- Lansdale’s Christmas Tree Lighting Postponed
- Trial Ordered For Two Brothers Accused of Home Invasion
- New Chairman for Montco GOP
- Judge Denies Request For Gun Seller in Officer Fox Case
- Towamencin Twp. Receives Grant Money For Fischer’s Park
- Consumer Advocate: Safer To Use Credit Card Instead of Debit When Shopping
Listen to these shows on demand right now
Westover Sports Complex Plans Rejected
The West Norriton Township Commissioners have rejected plans for a multi-sport recreational complex at the Westover Country Club site.
The plans called for closing the golf course and replacing it with five soccer fields, five baseball fields, five basketball courts, two swimming pools, a skate park and a football field with an eight-lane track. They also called for an additional 1,800 parking spaces.
The commissioners passed a resolution citing numerous deficiencies in the plans, including a lack of adequate on-site parking. Neighbors had voiced concerns about noise, traffic and lighting for months.
A lawyer representing the developer says no decision has been made about appealing the decision.