- Judge Denies Request For Gun Seller in Officer Fox Case
- Towamencin Twp. Receives Grant Money For Fischer’s Park
- Consumer Advocate: Safer To Use Credit Card Instead of Debit When Shopping
- Alzheimer’s Research Underway At 3 Universities in Pa.
- Long Prison Term For 21 Year Old Man in Rape of Girl
- New Leadership on Wissahickon School Board
Listen to these shows on demand right now
Journal Register Co Files For Bankruptcy
For the second time the company that owns The Reporter and Times Herald newspapers, as well as several other suburban dailies and weeklies, has filed for bankruptcy.
The company cited a continued downturn in print advertising and the high cost of pensions and leases.
Journal Register has said it is turning itself into an internet-based media company, and it will publicly auction its assets in a process that could take 90 days. It filed for bankruptcy the first time more than three years ago and emerged several months later.