- Lansdale’s Christmas Tree Lighting Postponed
- Trial Ordered For Two Brothers Accused of Home Invasion
- New Chairman for Montco GOP
- Judge Denies Request For Gun Seller in Officer Fox Case
- Towamencin Twp. Receives Grant Money For Fischer’s Park
- Consumer Advocate: Safer To Use Credit Card Instead of Debit When Shopping
Listen to these shows on demand right now
Log House Lease Approved
Towamencin Township officials have approved a new lease with the Welsh Valley Preservation Society for the Morgan Log House on Weikel Road.
The township owns it and the society operates it.
Township Manager Rob Ford says the new lease is a lot like the old one, but it’s for five years instead of 30.
“one thing that was suggested, which we all thought was a good idea, was to make it for a shorter term because with a 30-year lease the township officials and staff were not here when it was signed and the folks at the Morgan Log House weren’t there either.”
He says it’s an important historic site that’s right around the corner for township residents. It was built by early Welsh settlers, and Daniel Boone’s grandfather once lived there.