- Lansdale’s Christmas Tree Lighting Postponed
- Trial Ordered For Two Brothers Accused of Home Invasion
- New Chairman for Montco GOP
- Judge Denies Request For Gun Seller in Officer Fox Case
- Towamencin Twp. Receives Grant Money For Fischer’s Park
- Consumer Advocate: Safer To Use Credit Card Instead of Debit When Shopping
Listen to these shows on demand right now
Montco Shopping For Canal Bridge
The Montgomery County Commissioners are seeking price quotes for a prefabricated bridge that would span the Schuylkill Canal spillway in the Mont Clare section of Upper Providence Township.
The head of the Montgomery County Department of Assets and Infrastructure, Kenneth Starr, says the spillway is deteriorating and it could collapse and drain the canal if nothing is done.
The bridge project would include restoring the former canal towpath and the Schuylkill River Trail and allow trail users to cross the spillway without getting wet.
The estimated cost of the project is about $819,000, well below an earlier estimate of $1 million.