- New Chairman for Montco GOP
- Judge Denies Request For Gun Seller in Officer Fox Case
- Towamencin Twp. Receives Grant Money For Fischer’s Park
- Consumer Advocate: Safer To Use Credit Card Instead of Debit When Shopping
- Alzheimer’s Research Underway At 3 Universities in Pa.
- Long Prison Term For 21 Year Old Man in Rape of Girl
Listen to these shows on demand right now
New Book Critical of Money’s Influence on Energy Sources
Today is Earth Day. Author of the book “Eco Mind” Frances Moore Lappe says, lobbying is standing in the way of clean energy.
“We’re now subsidizing dirty energy. Instead of what we want, 76-precent of us want clean energy. So I see Earth Day to go in to the heart of the problem.”
Moore Lappe says, an international ranking shows the U-S needs to do some work in the area of how money influences policy on renewable energy.
“On an international ranking where money has the worst influence, where governments really have kept the power of wealth out of the political system, Germany ranks highest in the world. We rank near the bottom in terms of letting dirty energy have too much influence.”
Frances Moore Lappe was a guest Monday Morning with Darryl Berger on WNPV'S