- Judge Denies Request For Gun Seller in Officer Fox Case
- Towamencin Twp. Receives Grant Money For Fischer’s Park
- Consumer Advocate: Safer To Use Credit Card Instead of Debit When Shopping
- Alzheimer’s Research Underway At 3 Universities in Pa.
- Long Prison Term For 21 Year Old Man in Rape of Girl
- New Leadership on Wissahickon School Board
Listen to these shows on demand right now
Scammers Try To Take Advantage of Recent Tragedies
Phone scammers are again trying to take advantage of tragedies, according to the Director of Consumers Affairs for Bucks County. Mike Bannon says, when people ask for money over the phone, it should signal a red flag.
“Unfortunately we have received some calls about people asking for money about the Boston Marathon and even about the terrible tragic explosion in Texas. With all the national problems going on people need to be careful which organization they give to.
Bannon was a guest on the New AM-Edition this morning with Darryl Berger.