- Judge Denies Request For Gun Seller in Officer Fox Case
- Towamencin Twp. Receives Grant Money For Fischer’s Park
- Consumer Advocate: Safer To Use Credit Card Instead of Debit When Shopping
- Alzheimer’s Research Underway At 3 Universities in Pa.
- Long Prison Term For 21 Year Old Man in Rape of Girl
- New Leadership on Wissahickon School Board
Listen to these shows on demand right now
Spike in Manufacturing in The Region
The C.E.O. of The Greater Philadelphia Chamber of Commerce says 4 out of 5 jobs being created in the region are in manufacturing. Ron Wonderling says lower energy cost are the reason why.
“Being driven, first, as its always been driven is by the great location of the Philadelphia region. Great transportation access from railroads to key parts of the Delaware River, but the real shift has occurred due to the low cost of natural gas.”
Much higher energy costs in Europe are driving some companies to shift operations here.