- Lansdale’s Christmas Tree Lighting Postponed
- Trial Ordered For Two Brothers Accused of Home Invasion
- New Chairman for Montco GOP
- Judge Denies Request For Gun Seller in Officer Fox Case
- Towamencin Twp. Receives Grant Money For Fischer’s Park
- Consumer Advocate: Safer To Use Credit Card Instead of Debit When Shopping
Listen to these shows on demand right now
Scammers Look To Take Advantage of The Health Care Bill
The Bucks County Department of Consumer Affairs has been getting calls about the new health care bill. Mike Bannon is the Director of the Consumer Affairs department. Bannon says, Medicare uses social security numbers and that has scammers attempting to get information over the phone.
“So what these people are trying to do is get to you talk to you about health care, tell you that you need this new card, take your information off your old card, which in many cases is your social security number. So, that’s very concerning.”
Bannon says, if you receive a call from someone concerning health care, don’t take the call. he says, it’s a scam in an effort to obtain sensitive information. Bannon was a guest on the AM-Edition Tuesday morning.