- Upper Gwynedd Twp. Police Create Special Needs Registry
- Human Trafficking and Servitude Bill Pass in State Senate
- Trial Ordered For Two Brothers Accused of Home Invasion
- New Chairman for Montco GOP
- Judge Denies Request For Gun Seller in Officer Fox Case
- Towamencin Twp. Receives Grant Money For Fischer’s Park
Listen to these shows on demand right now
North Penn Commons To Be Shared Facility in Lansdale
The North Penn Community Health Foundation spearheaded an initiative that will house Manna on Main Street, The North Penn YMCA, The Peak Center and Advanced Living Communities in one facility at 608 East Main street.
C.E.O and President of The North Penn Community Health Foundation, Russ Johnson says, the project will begin in the fall.
“The Foundation has contributed about three quarters of a million dollars in the planning and facilitation of this idea. Now we are in to a capital campaign which will also seek to raise five million dollars. Tuesday’s announcement is about another significant core piece of funding that comes from the Pennsylvania Housing Finance Agency. Over the next ten years will realize 11.6 million dollars tax credits. We received the good news last week from agency about receiving 1,1 million dollars in support of North Penn Commons to facilitate the building of 60 units of affordable senior housing, along with a first floor for offices of Manna on Main Street and the Peak Center.”
The 28-million dollar project is expected to be completed in two years.