Tests: Gasoline Caused Strong Odor in Skippack Twp.

The odor that caused residents to leave their homes in Skippack Township has been identified as gasoline.

Two tests confirmed that the strong odor Sunday evening, which was thought to be hydrogen cyanide, tested positive for gasoline. The tests were provided by the State Department of Environmental Protection and Federal Environmental Protection Agency. After the initial odor rose up from sump pumps from some homes Sunday evening on North Gorski Lane, more than 100 people from 10 homes were evacuated and relocated to Skippack Elementary School. Skippack Fire Company Chief Hayden Marriot says, residents are being let back in their homes, but Fire officials will continue to monitor the homes gas fumes.

Listen Live

Full Programming Schedule

Internet Radio or Windows Media Player

TuneIn-2    or    Windows-mps-2

 

EEO Report

Get In Touch

Address: 1210 Snyder Road
Lansdale, PA 19446

Phone: (215) 855-8211

Phone: (215) 723-2116