- Judge Denies Request For Gun Seller in Officer Fox Case
- Towamencin Twp. Receives Grant Money For Fischer’s Park
- Consumer Advocate: Safer To Use Credit Card Instead of Debit When Shopping
- Alzheimer’s Research Underway At 3 Universities in Pa.
- Long Prison Term For 21 Year Old Man in Rape of Girl
- New Leadership on Wissahickon School Board
Listen to these shows on demand right now
Einstein Buys Montco Hospital Site
The Einstein Healthcare Network has bought the Wood’s Golf Site on Germantown Pike near Whitehall Road in East Norriton. Einstein plans to build what it calls a regional medical center on the site, which covers more than 80 acres. The price has not been disclosed, but the Montgomery County Industrial Development Authority will sell a bond issue of more than $309 million next week to cover the land purchase, construction and equipment. When finished it will be a full-service acute-care hospital with 146 beds, expandable later to more than 200 beds. The plans call for a 360,000 square foot main building with a five-story patient tower. They also call for a two-story medical office building and parking for more than 1,000 cars. Construction starts later this year, and it should be finished in about two years. The golf course was closed to the public earlier this year.