- New Chairman for Montco GOP
- Judge Denies Request For Gun Seller in Officer Fox Case
- Towamencin Twp. Receives Grant Money For Fischer’s Park
- Consumer Advocate: Safer To Use Credit Card Instead of Debit When Shopping
- Alzheimer’s Research Underway At 3 Universities in Pa.
- Long Prison Term For 21 Year Old Man in Rape of Girl
Listen to these shows on demand right now
Towamencin Holds Line on Property Taxes
Property taxes will stay steady in Towamencin next year. The township supervisors Wednesday night adopted a budget for 2012 that totals just over $16,000,000 but does not ask homeowners to dig any deeper into their pockets. Sewer rates and pool membership fees will go unchanged as well. The budget also continues a homestead exemption that allows qualified homeowners to shield $59,000 of the assessed value of their property from taxation. The non-uniformed employees of the township will be going without a pay increase again next year.