- New Chairman for Montco GOP
- Judge Denies Request For Gun Seller in Officer Fox Case
- Towamencin Twp. Receives Grant Money For Fischer’s Park
- Consumer Advocate: Safer To Use Credit Card Instead of Debit When Shopping
- Alzheimer’s Research Underway At 3 Universities in Pa.
- Long Prison Term For 21 Year Old Man in Rape of Girl
Listen to these shows on demand right now
PA Company Applies For Bucks Co Gas Well Permit
A Western Pennsylvania-based oil and gas company has applied for a permit to drill for natural gas in Upper Bucks County. Turm Oil would locate its well on the former Cabot Chemical Company property on Beaver Run Road, near Routes 611 and 412 in Nockamixon Township. The company filed its application with the Pennsylvania Department of Environmental Protection February 6, and the DEP has 45 days to approve or deny the application. Even if it’s approved drilling cannot start right away because the Delaware River Basin Commission has placed a moratorium on drilling until it finalizes new regulations. It has jurisdiction over activities that could affect water quality.