- Judge Denies Request For Gun Seller in Officer Fox Case
- Towamencin Twp. Receives Grant Money For Fischer’s Park
- Consumer Advocate: Safer To Use Credit Card Instead of Debit When Shopping
- Alzheimer’s Research Underway At 3 Universities in Pa.
- Long Prison Term For 21 Year Old Man in Rape of Girl
- New Leadership on Wissahickon School Board
Listen to these shows on demand right now
Horse Rescued From Pool
Hilltown Police and three volunteer fire companies rescued a horse Thursday after it became stuck on a pool cover, unable to free itself. Police arrived shortly before 9:30am and found that the horse had wandered from a nearby barn into the fenced-in pool area on Highpoint Road in the Hilltown Farms section of the township.
It had started going into shock from the cold pool water when the Hilltown, Silverdale and Chalfont Fire Companies arrived. They were prepared to drain the pool if necessary, but they put together rigging straps and plywood and removed the horse safely from the pool in less than an hour. A short time later it got up and walked around on its own.