- New Chairman for Montco GOP
- Judge Denies Request For Gun Seller in Officer Fox Case
- Towamencin Twp. Receives Grant Money For Fischer’s Park
- Consumer Advocate: Safer To Use Credit Card Instead of Debit When Shopping
- Alzheimer’s Research Underway At 3 Universities in Pa.
- Long Prison Term For 21 Year Old Man in Rape of Girl
Listen to these shows on demand right now
Coaster Reaching End Of Line
The Community Coaster is suspending its operations this month. The coaster is a shuttle bus serving Lower Salford and Franconia Townships and Souderton and Telford Boroughs and connecting them with SEPTA’s Lansdale Regional Rail Station.
The Partnership Transportation Management Association runs it, and that organization’s director, Peggy Schmidt, says it has had funding cuts at the county and federal levels in recent years, and the TMA reserve account that kept it going for a while has now been depleted.
She says the last day of service for both the Community Coaster and the Upper Perk Coaster, serving the Upper Perkiomen Valley, will be Friday, July 13. She says they can be re-started quickly if new funding is found.