- New Chairman for Montco GOP
- Judge Denies Request For Gun Seller in Officer Fox Case
- Towamencin Twp. Receives Grant Money For Fischer’s Park
- Consumer Advocate: Safer To Use Credit Card Instead of Debit When Shopping
- Alzheimer’s Research Underway At 3 Universities in Pa.
- Long Prison Term For 21 Year Old Man in Rape of Girl
Listen to these shows on demand right now
Talking Trash in Lansdale
Lansdale officials are getting ready to reopen discussions about designating a single trash hauler for the community. The proposal could save residents money and cut air pollution as well as prevent wear and tear on the streets. It could also bring lots of red tape that leaves borough residents wondering what sort of trash goes in which bag. Council member Dan Dunigan Wednesday night said that discussions are literally just getting underway and community involvement is key. A survey will be distributed to get public input. The single trash hauler proposal has come up in Lansdale before. Borough officials dropped it more than five years ago after deciding it was not administratively practical. The report that came out of those discussions will be made available on the borough web site.