- Church Treasurer Accused of Stealing Church Funds
- Upper Gwynedd Twp. Police Create Special Needs Registry
- Human Trafficking and Servitude Bill Pass in State Senate
- Trial Ordered For Two Brothers Accused of Home Invasion
- New Chairman for Montco GOP
- Judge Denies Request For Gun Seller in Officer Fox Case
Listen to these shows on demand right now
Pa, Merck, Reach Vioxx Settlement
The Pennsylvania Attorney General’s office has reached a settlement with Merck in a lawsuit over the painkiller Vioxx.
The state is getting more than $8 million for the PACE prescription program, which helps low-income seniors.
The suit says the state would not have bought the quantities of Vioxx that it did if the company had revealed earlier that it increased the user’s risk of heart attack and stroke.
The company took the drug off the market in 2004.