- New Chairman for Montco GOP
- Judge Denies Request For Gun Seller in Officer Fox Case
- Towamencin Twp. Receives Grant Money For Fischer’s Park
- Consumer Advocate: Safer To Use Credit Card Instead of Debit When Shopping
- Alzheimer’s Research Underway At 3 Universities in Pa.
- Long Prison Term For 21 Year Old Man in Rape of Girl
Listen to these shows on demand right now
Mennonite Meat Canning Project Set For March
The Mennonite Central Committee wants volunteers for its annual meat-canning project, coming up in March at the Material Resource Center in Franconia Township.
Organizer Abe Landes says volunteers do many jobs in addition to cutting and cooking meat.
“The cans have to be washed and dried, labels get put on, they go through the USDA inspection and then they get put in cases, so there’s different jobs to be done and we have a lot of fun doing it. It’s not all hard work. It’s what I call a feel-good job.”
Landes says the meat goes to needy families throughout the world. The canning project at the Mennonite Central Committee Material Resource Center, on Hagey Center Drive next to Hagey’s Bus Center on School House Road, is Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday, March 25, 26, and 27.
The committee is also looking for tax-deductible cash donations.