- New Chairman for Montco GOP
- Judge Denies Request For Gun Seller in Officer Fox Case
- Towamencin Twp. Receives Grant Money For Fischer’s Park
- Consumer Advocate: Safer To Use Credit Card Instead of Debit When Shopping
- Alzheimer’s Research Underway At 3 Universities in Pa.
- Long Prison Term For 21 Year Old Man in Rape of Girl
Listen to these shows on demand right now
Ex Tax Collector Charged With Theft
A former Jenkintown tax collector is accused of stealing more than 200-thousand dollars and gambling the money away at the Parx Casino in Bucks County. Michael O’Neill is charged with theft by deception and related offenses. The stolen money was tax revenue he collected for the borough, the school district and Montgomery County. Investigators found that he lost more than $182,000 at the casino last year alone. He resigned in January when Jenkintown Police and Montgomery County Detectives started investigating his activities.