- Judge Denies Request For Gun Seller in Officer Fox Case
- Towamencin Twp. Receives Grant Money For Fischer’s Park
- Consumer Advocate: Safer To Use Credit Card Instead of Debit When Shopping
- Alzheimer’s Research Underway At 3 Universities in Pa.
- Long Prison Term For 21 Year Old Man in Rape of Girl
- New Leadership on Wissahickon School Board
Listen to these shows on demand right now
Shootout In U Gwynedd
Upper Gwynedd Police and Montgomery County Detectives are investigating an apparent home-invasion robbery that led to a double shooting. It happened Wednesday night at a home on Hancock Road near North Wales Road. Police say four or five armed men who had been hiding in a shed outside the home ambushed Jermaine Edwards and his wife Jolene in their driveway and forced them into the house at gunpoint. Once they were inside a gunfight broke out between Edwards and at least one robber, leaving one robber dead and Edwards hospitalized in critical condition. The other robbers got away, and Jolene Edwards and her three daughters were not injured. District Attorney Risa Ferman says it looks like Edwards was a specific target, and it was not a random act of violence. Court records show that Jermaine Edwards was arrested in a drug ring roundup five years ago, and he was still on probation for that.