- New Chairman for Montco GOP
- Judge Denies Request For Gun Seller in Officer Fox Case
- Towamencin Twp. Receives Grant Money For Fischer’s Park
- Consumer Advocate: Safer To Use Credit Card Instead of Debit When Shopping
- Alzheimer’s Research Underway At 3 Universities in Pa.
- Long Prison Term For 21 Year Old Man in Rape of Girl
Listen to these shows on demand right now
School AD Charged In Teen Sex Case
A Montgomery County school official is accused of having sex with a 17-year-old female student. Jenkintown School District Athletic Director Mark Citron (pictured here) is charged with corruption of minors and related offenses. Based on information provided through an anonymous call to Childline, investigators identified the victim, now 19 years old. She told them she had a relationship with Citron for about six months in the first half of 2010, and they had sex in his office at Jenkintown High School.
A check of phone records showed that he had routine contact with the girl, including about 900 text messages. The 43-year-old Citron has been suspended without pay, and administrators have recommended that the school board fire him.