- Church Treasurer Accused of Stealing Church Funds
- Upper Gwynedd Twp. Police Create Special Needs Registry
- Human Trafficking and Servitude Bill Pass in State Senate
- Trial Ordered For Two Brothers Accused of Home Invasion
- New Chairman for Montco GOP
- Judge Denies Request For Gun Seller in Officer Fox Case
Listen to these shows on demand right now
Montco Man Gets More Than 50 Years For Raping Young Girls
A Former Upper Salford man has admitted drugging and raping three little girls he was babysitting, videotaping the assaults and putting pictures on the internet. All three were under the age of ten, and one was only six.
Barry McOwen, formerly of Clemmers Mill Road in Upper Salford, pleaded guilty to aggravated indecent assault of children and other offenses. After accepting the plea, Montgomery County Judge William Carpenter immediately gave the 67-year-old McOwen 50 1/2 to 101 years in state prison, ensuring that he will stay there for the rest of his life.
He allegedly raped the girls while they were asleep or passed out from the drugs. County detectives found more than 4,000 images of child pornography on his computer equipment and cell phone, including more than 100 sexually explicit pictures of the victims and the sexual assaults.
Prosecutors say he bragged about what he called his “sleep assaults” in chats over the internet with other pedophiles.