- New Chairman for Montco GOP
- Judge Denies Request For Gun Seller in Officer Fox Case
- Towamencin Twp. Receives Grant Money For Fischer’s Park
- Consumer Advocate: Safer To Use Credit Card Instead of Debit When Shopping
- Alzheimer’s Research Underway At 3 Universities in Pa.
- Long Prison Term For 21 Year Old Man in Rape of Girl
Listen to these shows on demand right now
Ex Cop Admits Crimes
A former Montgomery County police officer has admitted stealing evidence and having informants buy him drugs.
43-year-old John Becker of Horsham pleaded guilty to felony theft and other offenses.
He was a detective sergeant with the Hatboro Police Department when the crimes occurred over about an eight-year period ending in early 2011. He stole ten guns, a $2,700 watch and $18,000 in cash while serving as evidence custodian. A search of his home turned up several items, including some with “evidence” stickers.
Prosecutors say he also coerced several people into buying him prescription painkillers and cocaine under the guise of assisting undercover drug investigations. They say he committed the crimes to feed his own addiction.