- Lansdale’s Christmas Tree Lighting Postponed
- Trial Ordered For Two Brothers Accused of Home Invasion
- New Chairman for Montco GOP
- Judge Denies Request For Gun Seller in Officer Fox Case
- Towamencin Twp. Receives Grant Money For Fischer’s Park
- Consumer Advocate: Safer To Use Credit Card Instead of Debit When Shopping
Listen to these shows on demand right now
Ex Teacher Heads To Trial For Sexual Contact With Teen Girl
A former Methacton High School teacher accused of kissing and fondling a teenage girl is heading for trial.
A magisterial district judge ruled at a preliminary hearing that prosecutors have enough evidence to try 43-year-old Sean McCullough, who is charged with corrupting a minor and other offenses, for his alleged illegal activities with a 17-year-old student.
The girl, now 20 years old, is a 2010 Methacton graduate. Court documents say the incidents occurred in June and July of that year at McCullough’s Collegeville home and in a local park.
Police started investigating in May after relatives found sexual e-mails and text messages exchanged while the girl was still a student that suggested a sexual relationship. Assistant District Attorney Samantha Cauffman says he was a trusted mentor in her life, and he took advantage of that position to groom her for his sexual advances.