- Lansdale’s Christmas Tree Lighting Postponed
- Trial Ordered For Two Brothers Accused of Home Invasion
- New Chairman for Montco GOP
- Judge Denies Request For Gun Seller in Officer Fox Case
- Towamencin Twp. Receives Grant Money For Fischer’s Park
- Consumer Advocate: Safer To Use Credit Card Instead of Debit When Shopping
Listen to these shows on demand right now
Serial Burglar Gets State Prison Time
A man who burglarized four Montgomery County homes in three days last year has been given seven to 14 years in state prison.
35-year-old Marwan Hawes of Philadelphia was convicted of burglary and other offenses earlier this year for breaking into homes in Lower Gwynedd, Lower Merion, Springfield and Cheltenham Townships and stealing valuables.
Prosecutors requested a long prison term, saying some of the jewelry items he stole were irreplaceable family heirlooms such as engagement and wedding rings.