- Lansdale’s Christmas Tree Lighting Postponed
- Trial Ordered For Two Brothers Accused of Home Invasion
- New Chairman for Montco GOP
- Judge Denies Request For Gun Seller in Officer Fox Case
- Towamencin Twp. Receives Grant Money For Fischer’s Park
- Consumer Advocate: Safer To Use Credit Card Instead of Debit When Shopping
Listen to these shows on demand right now
U Gwynedd Woman Admits Thefts
An Upper Gwynedd woman has admitted stealing a home and retirement savings from a Hatfield man who was a stroke victim under her care.
58-year-old Janet Gitney (pictured here) pleaded guilty to felony theft and other offenses.
She was arrested last November at JFK Airport in New York after hiding out in the Philippines. Prosecutors say she stole the home by using her power of attorney to have it transferred to her name without the owner’s knowledge or approval.
The victim had more than $120,000 in his retirement account, and the home was worth more than $220,000.