- Lansdale’s Christmas Tree Lighting Postponed
- Trial Ordered For Two Brothers Accused of Home Invasion
- New Chairman for Montco GOP
- Judge Denies Request For Gun Seller in Officer Fox Case
- Towamencin Twp. Receives Grant Money For Fischer’s Park
- Consumer Advocate: Safer To Use Credit Card Instead of Debit When Shopping
Listen to these shows on demand right now
Man Charged In Serial Burglaries
A Hatfield Township man is accused of committing six daytime residential burglaries in Montgomery and Bucks Counties.
29-year-old William Goetz is charged with burglary, criminal trespass and other offenses.
He allegedly broke into homes in Hatfield Township, Hatfield Borough and Perkasie last month by cutting window screens or pushing in window air conditioners and stole cash, jewelry, electronics and a Smith and Wesson nine millimeter handgun.
Police set up surveillance in the area of the Hatfield Village Apartments for several days, and they got search warrants to search a unit where Goetz had been staying with a woman, as well as the cell phones he used.
Court documents say they recovered some stolen items from the apartment and others from shops in Telford and Quakertown, where jewelry and electronics had been sold.