- Upper Gwynedd Twp. Police Create Special Needs Registry
- Human Trafficking and Servitude Bill Pass in State Senate
- Trial Ordered For Two Brothers Accused of Home Invasion
- New Chairman for Montco GOP
- Judge Denies Request For Gun Seller in Officer Fox Case
- Towamencin Twp. Receives Grant Money For Fischer’s Park
Listen to these shows on demand right now
Ex Bucks Co Cop Admits Lying About Shooting
A former Chalfont police officer has admitted making up a story about being shot early one morning in August.
31-year-old Jon Cousin of New Britain pleaded guilty Tuesday to filing a false report to law enforcement and official oppression.
A firearms expert examined a slug lodged in the bulletproof vest he was wearing and found it was fired from Cousin’s gun, and Bucks County District Attorney David Heckler said at the time that the story he told about being shot in the parking lot at the Lenape Valley Swim Club was absolutely a lie and a hoax.
Other officers testifying Tuesday in Bucks County Court said he had been acting strangely prior to the incident, reporting twice that gunmen were tailing him.
His lawyer said it’s clear now that he was not fit for duty, and his sentencing has been delayed for 60 days so a mental health report can be completed. He has been undergoing treatment since a few days after his arrest.