- Church Treasurer Accused of Stealing Church Funds
- Upper Gwynedd Twp. Police Create Special Needs Registry
- Human Trafficking and Servitude Bill Pass in State Senate
- Trial Ordered For Two Brothers Accused of Home Invasion
- New Chairman for Montco GOP
- Judge Denies Request For Gun Seller in Officer Fox Case
Listen to these shows on demand right now
Weekend Crash Kills Bucks Co Teen
One Bucks County teenager is dead and another critically injured as a result of a one-car crash on Saturday afternoon.
19-year-old Cameron Smithwick of Warminster was killed when the Chevrolet Monte Carlo he was riding in hit a bump, flipped over several times and crashed into a utility pole and a tree near Jacksonville and Sacketts Ford Roads in Northampton Township.
Smithwick attended Council Rock North High School in his freshman year, and then moved with his family to Texas, where he graduated from high school. He moved back to the area about four months ago and was planning to attend Penn State University.
The driver, 18-year-old Council Rock North High School Senior LJ Tanner, is hospitalized in critical condition with head and spine injuries. Three back seat passengers, all Council Rock South High School students, were released from a hospital after treatment.
The five teens were on their way to Smithwick’s home after going out for pizza. Both Council Rock high schools have counselors available to work with students and help them cope with the tragedy.