- New Chairman for Montco GOP
- Judge Denies Request For Gun Seller in Officer Fox Case
- Towamencin Twp. Receives Grant Money For Fischer’s Park
- Consumer Advocate: Safer To Use Credit Card Instead of Debit When Shopping
- Alzheimer’s Research Underway At 3 Universities in Pa.
- Long Prison Term For 21 Year Old Man in Rape of Girl
Listen to these shows on demand right now
Ex Teacher Pleads Guilty In Teen Sex Case
A Former Methacton High School teacher has admitted kissing and fondling a teenage girl.
43-year-old Sean McCullough pleaded guilty to corrupting a minor and disseminating obscene material to a minor for his illegal activities with a 17-year-old student. The girl, now 20 years old, is a 2010 Methacton graduate.
Court documents say the incidents occurred in June and July of that year at McCullough’s Collegeville home and in a local park. Police started investigating in May after relatives found sexual emails and text messages exchanged while the girl was still a student.
Assistant District Attorney Samantha Cauffman says he was a trusted mentor in her life, and he took advantage of that position to groom her for his sexual advances. Cauffman plans to ask for jail time.
His sentencing has been deferred so the courts can complete a background investigation.