- Lansdale’s Christmas Tree Lighting Postponed
- Trial Ordered For Two Brothers Accused of Home Invasion
- New Chairman for Montco GOP
- Judge Denies Request For Gun Seller in Officer Fox Case
- Towamencin Twp. Receives Grant Money For Fischer’s Park
- Consumer Advocate: Safer To Use Credit Card Instead of Debit When Shopping
Listen to these shows on demand right now
2 Charged In Lansdale Coin Shop Robbery
Two men are accused of holding up Hen’s Coins on West Main Street in Lansdale Monday morning.
18-year-old Gene “Ray” Kulp and his 21-year-old cousin Michael Creciun, both of Edgemont Avenue in Lansdale, are charged with multiple felonies including robbery and aggravated assault.
Police say Kulp grabbed the 77-year-old owner from behind as he unlocked a display case and dragged him by the neck into a rear office, where Creciun held him at knifepoint.
They allegedly cashed in hundreds of dollars worth of stolen coins at the Acme Market on West Main Street, using a Coin Star machine.
Surveillance camera video from other nearby businesses led to their arrest on Tuesday.