- Lansdale’s Christmas Tree Lighting Postponed
- Trial Ordered For Two Brothers Accused of Home Invasion
- New Chairman for Montco GOP
- Judge Denies Request For Gun Seller in Officer Fox Case
- Towamencin Twp. Receives Grant Money For Fischer’s Park
- Consumer Advocate: Safer To Use Credit Card Instead of Debit When Shopping
Listen to these shows on demand right now
Man Charged In Mortgage Fraud Scheme
A Lansdale man is accused of creating false documents to get home mortgages over a five-year period.
62-year-old self-employed accountant Willie Manley Junior of Monticello Place is charged with loan fraud and other offenses.
The U.S. Attorney’s office says he created phony W-2 forms, pay stubs and tax returns to improve the chances of lenders issuing mortgages, mostly for homes in West Philadelphia.
Many of the more than 100 homes were distressed, most of the mortgages went unpaid and the properties fell into foreclosure.