- New Chairman for Montco GOP
- Judge Denies Request For Gun Seller in Officer Fox Case
- Towamencin Twp. Receives Grant Money For Fischer’s Park
- Consumer Advocate: Safer To Use Credit Card Instead of Debit When Shopping
- Alzheimer’s Research Underway At 3 Universities in Pa.
- Long Prison Term For 21 Year Old Man in Rape of Girl
Listen to these shows on demand right now
18 Charged In Bensalem School District Thefts
18 people are accused of taking part in a scheme to steal from a Bucks County school district.
The defendants include former Bensalem School District Business Manager Jack Myers and Middletown businessman Joseph Bound, owner of Bound Beverages.
Police say the mastermind was long-time bus garage mechanic Frederick Lange, and the scheme involved selling more than $1 million worth of district-owned tires, batteries and other automotive supplies over a ten-year period ending last year.
Court documents say Bound bought tires and other supplies from Lange, who was charged with theft and other offenses last year for allegedly selling stolen auto supplies.
The latest charges are a result of the same investigation that led to the earlier charges, and it is continuing.