- New Chairman for Montco GOP
- Judge Denies Request For Gun Seller in Officer Fox Case
- Towamencin Twp. Receives Grant Money For Fischer’s Park
- Consumer Advocate: Safer To Use Credit Card Instead of Debit When Shopping
- Alzheimer’s Research Underway At 3 Universities in Pa.
- Long Prison Term For 21 Year Old Man in Rape of Girl
Listen to these shows on demand right now
Murder Charge Filed Against Father In Baby’s Death
A Montgomery County man now faces a third degree murder charge in connection with his baby daughter’s death.
28-year-old Edward Doyle of Upper Moreland Township was charged earlier with endangering the welfare of a child in the Sunday morning death of his two-month-old daughter Makayla.
He initially said he fell on top of her after tripping over a baby swing in the living room of their Horsham Road apartment, but a report by the coroner’s office says the child’s injuries did not corroborate his story.
District Attorney Risa Ferman says he punched her in the nose during a drunken rage and tried to cover up his crime with lies.
He lived with his wife, Nicole Lavelle, and Makayla and their 15-month-old daughter Mackenzie. He told police he had been out drinking with a friend for about three hours, consuming six pints of beer before returning to the apartment.
He’s being held without bail at Montgomery County Prison.