- Lansdale’s Christmas Tree Lighting Postponed
- Trial Ordered For Two Brothers Accused of Home Invasion
- New Chairman for Montco GOP
- Judge Denies Request For Gun Seller in Officer Fox Case
- Towamencin Twp. Receives Grant Money For Fischer’s Park
- Consumer Advocate: Safer To Use Credit Card Instead of Debit When Shopping
Listen to these shows on demand right now
Franconia Twp. Police Give Tips On Home Security
Last week two homes in Franconia Township were burglarized. In one case, the perpetrators simply kicked the door in. Franconia Township Police Chief Joe Koseniewski, urges resident to be prepared when they’re not home. He recommends a good dead bolt steal door, and suggests another method of protection.
“Now the alarm systems with the current technology have become so much more affordable and more dependable they’re actually worth looking in to an investment there. If anyone wants to call the police department we have officers trained in crime prevention techniques that can offer them tips on how to harden their house.”
Chief Koseniewski says, some people still leave their doors unlocked. he says burglars often case homes by knocking on the door to see if anyone is home. if someone is home, they say they got the wrong house. If no one answers they simply open the door and walk in or try to break in.