- Upper Gwynedd Twp. Police Create Special Needs Registry
- Human Trafficking and Servitude Bill Pass in State Senate
- Trial Ordered For Two Brothers Accused of Home Invasion
- New Chairman for Montco GOP
- Judge Denies Request For Gun Seller in Officer Fox Case
- Towamencin Twp. Receives Grant Money For Fischer’s Park
Listen to these shows on demand right now
North Penn Tactical Team Receives Vital Equipment
In an effort to enhance the safety of police officers in the North Penn valley, two hospitals have donated bullet proof vests to the North Penn Tactical Team, which consists of officers from various local police departments.
Gary Candia is the C.E.O of Abington Health Lansdale Hospital.
“We decided to provide the tactical team with two vests, one from Abington Health Lansdale and one from Abington Memorial Hospital. We purchased the vests at a cost of two-thousand dollars each.”
Candia adds, the tactical team made a presentation to the hospital’s business council about its procedures, which led both hospitals to act to assist the tactical team with the bullet proof vests.