- Judge Denies Request For Gun Seller in Officer Fox Case
- Towamencin Twp. Receives Grant Money For Fischer’s Park
- Consumer Advocate: Safer To Use Credit Card Instead of Debit When Shopping
- Alzheimer’s Research Underway At 3 Universities in Pa.
- Long Prison Term For 21 Year Old Man in Rape of Girl
- New Leadership on Wissahickon School Board
Listen to these shows on demand right now
Norristown Man Killed in Trash Truck Crash
A trash truck crashes in Hilltown Township, killing a Norristown man and sending the driver to Grand View Hospital for treatment. Hilltown Township Police Chief, Christopher Englehart, says it happened Tuesday morning at around 4:30, when the driver lost control of the truck after making a left turn onto Dublin road. The truck skidded on its side into trees, coming to rest around a drainage area. 24-year-old, Ricco Rios was pinned in the truck, he died at the scene.
“Early morning hours, very little traffic, so there were no issues regarding that. They were just out doing their job. Obviously how this tragedy happened, it’s a sad for his family.”
The driver of the truck, Adam Bermudez of East Norriton, was able to climb out of the truck. He was transported to Grand View Hospital for treatment and evaluation. The crash remains under investigation.