- New Chairman for Montco GOP
- Judge Denies Request For Gun Seller in Officer Fox Case
- Towamencin Twp. Receives Grant Money For Fischer’s Park
- Consumer Advocate: Safer To Use Credit Card Instead of Debit When Shopping
- Alzheimer’s Research Underway At 3 Universities in Pa.
- Long Prison Term For 21 Year Old Man in Rape of Girl
Listen to these shows on demand right now
87 Year Old Man Dies After Being struck By Car
Upper Gwynedd Township Police say an 87-year-old man who was hit by a car on the 100 block of Hancock Road just before 10pm Wednesday, has died of his injuries. Police say, the man’s identity was discovered through a witness who knew the man who was struck by the car, as Al Shinskie. Police say, a 70-year-old man, driving eastbound on Hancock road hit Shinskie. Shinskie apparently was at the Nor-Gwyn Packers baseball game, a team that plays in the Perkiomen Valley Twilight League. According to the manager of the team, Shinskie often attended games. A moment of silence was held for Shinskie before last Thursday night's game. Witnesses say the driver may have been driving too fast. No charges have been filed. The case is being investigated by Upper Gwynedd Township Police and Montgomery County Detectives.