Flames gut a Lansdale home, but an elderly woman who lived in the home at East 3rd street was able to escape, thanks to a man who lives near the home.
Firefighters say, he helped the woman to safety as fire and smoke ripped through the three story brick structure. The fire erupted just before 6 Tuesday evening. Firefighters are unsure of how the blaze started, but it’s believed the fire started on the first floor of the home that was converted into apartments. Firefighters were forced to close Broad and Main streets due to the fire. One firefighter was treated for a burned ear. Fairmont fire company was assisted by five additional local fire companies.