- Lansdale’s Christmas Tree Lighting Postponed
- Trial Ordered For Two Brothers Accused of Home Invasion
- New Chairman for Montco GOP
- Judge Denies Request For Gun Seller in Officer Fox Case
- Towamencin Twp. Receives Grant Money For Fischer’s Park
- Consumer Advocate: Safer To Use Credit Card Instead of Debit When Shopping
Listen to these shows on demand right now
Montgomery Twp Raises Sewer Rates
The Montgomery Township supervisors have approved a five-percent sewer rate hike. Municipal Sewer Authority Chairman Sam Dugan says the average homeowner will pay only a few dollars more.
“Residents will see their bills go up by approximately 22 or 23 dollars a year. Right now they’re paying about $110 a quarter, and that will go up to about $115.75. That’s when a person uses the average amount of water, which is about 14,000 gallons. ”
It’s the first sewer rate hike in seven years, and it’s retroactive to January 1. It applies to both residential and commercial customers.