- Lansdale’s Christmas Tree Lighting Postponed
- Trial Ordered For Two Brothers Accused of Home Invasion
- New Chairman for Montco GOP
- Judge Denies Request For Gun Seller in Officer Fox Case
- Towamencin Twp. Receives Grant Money For Fischer’s Park
- Consumer Advocate: Safer To Use Credit Card Instead of Debit When Shopping
Listen to these shows on demand right now
Souderton Station Project Moving Forward Slowly
Plans for long-awaited renovations at the Souderton Train Station are moving forward with help from state and federal grants totaling $1.5 million. Souderton-Telford Main Street Manager Pam Coleman says a federal grant obtained by Congressman Charlie Dent is helping to leverage the state grant, lined up by State Representative Bob Godshall, but getting the work done will take a while. She says they renovated the Telford station through a series of small steps.
“They’d buy the extra parking and add it to the parking lot. Then they’d do the parking lot, and so it was step-by-step as they could acquire the money from the county, then they did another segment, and then at the end it took quite a few funding streams put together to do it all.”
Coleman says the Telford Train Station work took about three years, and the Souderton project could take that long or longer. She appeared Monday on the WNPV talk program Indian Valley Live.