- Judge Denies Request For Gun Seller in Officer Fox Case
- Towamencin Twp. Receives Grant Money For Fischer’s Park
- Consumer Advocate: Safer To Use Credit Card Instead of Debit When Shopping
- Alzheimer’s Research Underway At 3 Universities in Pa.
- Long Prison Term For 21 Year Old Man in Rape of Girl
- New Leadership on Wissahickon School Board
Listen to these shows on demand right now
Corbett Picks Montco Woman For Cabinet Post
Governor Tom Corbett (pictured here) has chosen a former Montgomery County Assistant District Attorney as his Secretary of Labor and Industry. 54-year-old Julia Hearthway of Pottstown, who worked in the DA’s office from 1986 until 1990, still needs state senate confirmation. She has been in the state attorney general’s office for nearly 20 years, working for Corbett and his predecessor, Mike Fisher. Corbett says he has first-hand experience with her knowledge and work ethic, and she will be a valuable asset as he completes his cabinet.