- New Chairman for Montco GOP
- Judge Denies Request For Gun Seller in Officer Fox Case
- Towamencin Twp. Receives Grant Money For Fischer’s Park
- Consumer Advocate: Safer To Use Credit Card Instead of Debit When Shopping
- Alzheimer’s Research Underway At 3 Universities in Pa.
- Long Prison Term For 21 Year Old Man in Rape of Girl
Listen to these shows on demand right now
Carson Helicopter Expansion Plans Approved
The Hilltown Township Supervisors have approved expansion plans for Carson Helicopters on Blooming Glen Road. The company repairs helicopters and makes a number of parts to retrofit older ones, including a new rotor blade that allows certain Sikorsky helicopters to move faster and carry more weight. They are now being made in Canada, but Carson would like to make them in Hilltown. The company wants to expand its manufacturing and warehouse buildings by about 60 percent, bringing 60 skilled jobs to the area.