- Trial Ordered For Two Brothers Accused of Home Invasion
- New Chairman for Montco GOP
- Judge Denies Request For Gun Seller in Officer Fox Case
- Towamencin Twp. Receives Grant Money For Fischer’s Park
- Consumer Advocate: Safer To Use Credit Card Instead of Debit When Shopping
- Alzheimer’s Research Underway At 3 Universities in Pa.
Listen to these shows on demand right now
Quakertown Train Plan Modified
A plan to restore passenger rail service between Lansdale and Quakertown has been scaled back. Several alternatives were unveiled Tuesday night during a meeting at the Hatfield Township Building, but the one most likely to get federal funding extends service only to a new Pennridge Station, to be located near Routes 309 and 152. The trains would also stop at the Hatfield, Souderton and Telford Stations. The cost estimate is $182 million, and it would take about ten years to complete if the Federal Transit Administration approves the funding.