- Lansdale’s Christmas Tree Lighting Postponed
- Trial Ordered For Two Brothers Accused of Home Invasion
- New Chairman for Montco GOP
- Judge Denies Request For Gun Seller in Officer Fox Case
- Towamencin Twp. Receives Grant Money For Fischer’s Park
- Consumer Advocate: Safer To Use Credit Card Instead of Debit When Shopping
Listen to these shows on demand right now
Business People Named To Towamencin Economic Development Panel
The Towamencin Township Supervisors want to lower the vacancy rate in retail centers. They recently appointed three members of a committee that will bring developers and other business people together with two supervisors to find ways to fill empty space in the Towamencin Shopping Village and other commercial areas. Chairman Dan Littley says the committee needs to start by establishing a baseline.
“I want a list of every empty business facility in this township. I’m not aware of anywhere that I can put my finger on that, and I should be able to. We ought to know what part of our tax base is not providing the revenue. Then we get into why.”
The three new committee members are Philadelphia Suburban Development Corporation Vice President Mark Nicoletti, Jim Wrigley of Trefoil Properties and Coffeehead owner Kim Diehl. Littley says her Kulpsville shop did very well while Forty Foot Road was torn up, so she knows how to run a business.